My How We Have Grown!
As we start the school year it seems appropriate to remember all the wonderful progress we have made and the amazing things happening at Dayton Independent Schools:
- We are a Kentucky Distinguished School District.
- Our ACT last year was 20.3 and the Kentucky average was 19.5.
- Our College and Career score was a perfect 100.
- Our graduation rate is 93% while the Kentucky average is 89%.
- Our elementary has been awarded $40,000 in grants to advance their work in our Core Life Character Building program.
- Our Preschool has been awarded $75,000 to advance their work in expanding opportunity and quality for students that are 3 and 4 years old.
- We have FREE Preschool for all 4 year olds.
- We offer All Day Kindergarten for ALL students. Kentucky only funds for ½ day Kindergarten.
- We have an active Health and Dental Clinic.
- We have a $25,000 literacy grant for our Book-A-Week program.
- Our students at Lincoln Elementary are actively engaged in leadership development experiences at Camp Joy.
- We offer Head Start and Children Inc. early learning for 3 year olds.
- Our DHS college ready students volunteer each week to read to young students at Lincoln.
- We have over 30 juniors and seniors attending the Regional Technical Training Center.
- We have over 20 juniors and seniors earning 25 hours of College Dual Credit at Gateway.
- We have doubled our enrollment of students in Drug Free Clubs of America.
- We offer YMCA after school programs at both schools.
- We are focused on serving healthy meals through our Cook for America program.
- We offer robotics, chess, archery, Girls on the Run, and many, many other clubs.
- Our high school students get industry certified in Microsoft Office.
- We have just completed fantastic building renovations at both buildings.
Let’s keep Growing!
We greatly appreciate your support!
Please contact me for more information: Jay.email@example.com.
Superintendent of Dayton Schools