Dayton Independent Schools
Acceptable Use Policy
The Dayton Independent School District is offering the Parent Portal to parents/guardians as a means to further enhance communication and to further promote educational excellence. The Parent Portal allows parents/guardians to view their child's records anywhere, anytime. In response to the privilege of accessing the site, every parent/guardian is expected to act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner. The Parent Portal is available to every parent/guardian of a student enrolled in the Dayton Independent School District.
Parents/Guardians are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Parents/Guardians will not share their password with anyone, including their child.
- Parents/Guardians will not attempt to harm or destroy data of their own child, of another user, of the school district network, or from the Internet through the Parent Portal.
- Parents/Guardians will not use the Parent Portal for any illegal activity, including violation of Data Privacy laws.
- Parents/Guardians will not access data or any account owned by another parent/guardian.
- Parents/Guardians who identify a security problem with the Parent Portal must notify the Dayton Independent School District or the local school immediately, without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
- Parents/Guardians who are identified as a security risk to the JCPS Parent Portal or any other Dayton Independent School District computers or networks will be denied access to the Parent Portal.
I have read the Parent Portal Acceptable Use Policy, and I agree to abide by and support these rules. I understand that if I violate any terms of the Acceptable Use Policy that I may lose my privilege to use the Parent Portal and may be liable for civil and/or criminal consequences.